Nihongo 1.23 Release Notes
- Real Human Audio - Over 10,000 word entries now have pronunciation audio with native Japanese speakers.
- When the "Attach Photo" option is available on a word entry, and the word entry already has a photo attached, a badge will now appear indicating the number of words attached. This badge is tappable to view the existing photos attached to the word.
- If a word has multiple photos attached to it, a badge will now appear on the photo when it appears in a flashcard, indicating the number of additional photos that are attached.
- The size of dictionary entry popovers on iPad has been increased, so that the layout matches that of modern-sized iPhones.
- Tapping on a Nihongo flashcard deck file in another app will now open Nihongo immediately, without the need to explicitly select Nihongo in a share sheet.
- Flashcards in your review deck will now be shuffled starting at level 1, instead of level 3. During level 1, flashcards will only be shuffled within the same day, but starting level 2 they may spread to other days.
- The shuffling spread has been reduced from 50% to 25%. In other words, previously a flashcard that was designated to become due in 30 days would actually become due somewhere in 30-45 days. Now it will become due in 30-37 days.
- Improved error messages when unable to connect to the internet to perform OCR.
- Fixed an issue where the explanation of how to access system voices would layout incorrectly when leaving app and returning to it.
- Fixed an issue where moving a flashcard deck row down to the bottom caused the Add Word and Delete Deck cells to become oversized.
- Fixed an issue where the "Import Shared Deck from Cloud" button would stay highlighted permanently after tapping.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash when a language's data is corrupted. Now it will prompt to redownload instead.
- Fixed an issue where we would display a blank row on a word entry when the word did not have any parts of speech to display.
- Fixed an issue where there was no animation when being sent to language settings or voice settings from other parts of the app.
- Fix issue where (KANJI) text would appear in wrong font after locking and then unlocking phone.
- Fixed a crash when a note is added to a word entry on another device, while the current device is viewing the same entry.
- Fixed an issue where mark known/remove toolbar would appear at the wrong location after rotating or switching between multitasking modes on iPad.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar would display in the incorrect color when the alert appeared informing you that no text was found in your photo.
- Fixed an issue where flipping a kanji flashcard back to the front during the "Check Stroke Order" animation would continue the animation, but the background outline of the kanji would disappear.
- Fixed an issue where "Check Stroke Order", "Replay", and "Guide Me" buttons would inappropriately appear on the frontside of a flaschard, if you flipped a kanji flashcard from back to front while one of those animations was playing.
- Removed archaic form サ行変格 from part of speech label.
- Fixed an issue when multitasking on iPad, where transitioning from a compact size to a regular size while on a view that should be displayed in a popover on iPad, would cause the view to be pushed onto the navigation stack on iPad instead of displaying as a popover.
- Fixed an issue when multitasking on iPad, where transitioning between compact and regular sizes would not properly update the size of the label in the progress bar on the flashcards screen.
- Fixed an issue where flashcard text always appeared at double-size on iPad, even when in compact mode.
- Fixed issue where resizing app window size did not update size of kanji stroke view to fit properly.
- Fixed an issue while multitasking on iPad, where studying flashcards and switching from compact to regular view size while viewing the edit flashcard or word entry screen would cause the flashcard menu to inappropriately reappear on the left side of the screen.
- Fixed issue where resizing OCR view (such as changing multitasking size on iPad, or resizing window on Mac), would cause any active popovers to point at the wrong location.
- Fixed issue where transitioning to a regular size from a compact size on OCR screen on iPad would cause the OCR view to be split onto the right side of the screen.
- Fixed issue where OCR viewer navigation bar would turn green when switching between regular and compact sizes during iPad multitasking.