Nihongo is now on reddit! Come join the community to share tips, flashcard decks, workflows, and help shape the future of the app.
- More Pitch Accents - Pitch accents on over 35,000 additional words.
- Dutch language support has been added. You can now view definitions in Dutch, and if your device language is set to Dutch, the app will be displayed in that language.
- Double-tapping on a photo will now zoom in/out.
- You can now disable the blue text in the photo lookup (OCR) feature, and still tap on words to look them up.
- Pinching to zoom in on a photo will now cause the window chrome to be dismissed automatically.
- Increased the max zoom level on photos from 4x to 6x.
- Added a button to Flashcard settings to reset all flashcard progress.
- Added a setting to Flashcard settings to change the number of cards per learning session from the default value of 10.
- New animation in the "Check Stroke Order" animation for incorrect strokes.
- Over 400 new words, and 6000 new example sentences have been added to the dictionary.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to be prematurely terminated in the background.
- Fixed an issue where the distance you could be off and still have a kanji stroke marked "correct" was changing depending on the size of your device.
- Use better screenshots in the first-run tutorial for French and Russian.
- Text in the Tutorials section of settings will now flow onto multiple lines instead of being cutoff when viewed at large text sizes.
- Fixed an issue where locking your device while on a word entry accessed from the photo lookup view would cause the navigation bar to turn white.
- Fixed an issue where recent changes to flashcards could be lost when locking your device.
- Fix issue where opening the app by a URL would not work properly when the app was not already launched in the background.