- iPad Quick Notes - Add notes to dictionary entries, clippings, and flashcard decks, that will be synced with the Notes app. Requires iPad OS 15.
- Over 800 new words, and 3000 new example sentences have been added to the dictionary.
- Taking a screenshot on a dictionary entry will now give you a "Full Page" option to get a screenshot of the entire dictionary entry in one image, not just the currently visible part.
- You can now drag-and-drop an image onto the Nihongo app to have it automatically perform OCR on the image.
- New search screen styling when running on iOS 15.
- Tab bars and toolbars will now be borderless when there is no content behind them, on iOS 15.
- Status bar will now be visible on iPad during flashcard sessions.
- Safari Extension has been renamed to Safari Integration, to avoid confusion with the new safari extensions available in iOS 15.
- Fix issue where (RARE) would appear in incorrect font on kanji entry page after locking and unlocking screen.
- Fixed an issue where 喫煙室 was mistranslated in French.
- Fixed an issue where さくら was mistranslated in French.
- Fixed an issue where the safari integration tutorial could show a pop tip on top of a share sheet.
- Fix romanization of ヂェ、ディ、デュ、デェ.
- Fixed an issue where the safari integration prompt was cutoff on iPhone SE in Russian.
- In-app purchases are now properly localized on the App Store in Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Dutch.