- Search As You Type - Search results will now appear as you type instead of waiting for you to hit "search".
- 1802 new word entries added, and 2174 new example sentences added.
- Introduced a new purchase screen for Nihongo Pro, including a single list of all the features of Nihongo and whether or not they require Nihongo Pro.
- Clippings on iPad now use the same word lookup popover as iPhone. If you don't like this new behavior let me know, and I'll consider adding a setting to re-enabled the old behavior.
- Make the underline on clippings text thinner and further from the text.
- Removed blank and duplicate searches from recent searches list.
- Add full page screenshot support to example sentences screen, clippings screen, and conjugation table.
- Flashcard audio enabled state will no longer sync between devices.
- Added a link to Nihongo's Instagram page to the settings screen.
- Tapping on a disabled speech button will now explain that audio is part of Nihongo Pro, rather than just sending you to the purchase screen.
- When you do not have the system email app configured on your device, anywhere we used to pop up a mail compose screen will now list the email address to email instead.
- Fix an issue where certain labels in Russian and Chinese would shrink when you left the app and returned to it.
- Fix an issue when a word had different pitch accents when used as different parts of speech, where in some cases we wouldn't use the pitch accent for the most common part of speech.
- Fix an issue where some words that have a different pitch accent when used as a name were using the name version of the pitch accent.
- Added pitch accents to words that were previously omitted because they did not have a matching part of speech in the dataset, but had multiple pitch accents listed.
- Fix issue where pitch accents for proper nouns were being applied to pronouns. Should fix pitch accents for any pronouns that were homonyms with a proper nouns, if there were any.
- Fix an issue where furigana for example sentences with tatoeba indexes with readings that don't exist in JMdict would look messed up.
- Add mention of swiping right to undo onto "mark yourself" tutorial screen.
- Fixed an issue where clippings could become unresponsive to touch on iPad after navigating to a word entry and then returning to clipping.
- Fixed an issue where if you tap quickly you can attach multiple photos at once, leading to unexpected results.
- Cleanup cards on startup that are pending but have progress out of the pending card range.
- Fix an issue where "Done" button would turn to "Edit" button while still in edit mode after deleting a flashcard from the deck details screen.
- Fix issue where locking and unlocking device would trigger clipboard contents to be searched again, when automatic clipboard search is enabled.